We started Stessa just over four years ago with a big vision to streamline the entire real estate ownership lifecycle with technology. Tens of thousands of investors now use Stessa to save time automating income and expense tracking while maximizing profits through visual dashboards and detailed reports. With over $45B in real estate assets tracked on the platform, we’ve come a long way. Today we are excited to announce that we are taking another huge leap towards that vision as Roofstock has acquired Stessa.
Seasoned investors know that investing in real estate is often challenging and unpredictable. Roofstock was founded to make ownership of investment real estate radically accessible, cost-effective, and simple. By combining forces, Roofstock and Stessa will offer investors a modern trading platform and a purpose-built asset management solution to simplify ownership throughout the duration of every property investment. We are thrilled to join Roofstock and immediately get to work growing our complementary suite of owner services.
Investors using the Stessa platform will soon have access to Roofstock’s innovative acquisition tools and extensive deal flow. We are excited to empower Stessa users to seamlessly grow their portfolio or sell their properties through the Roofstock marketplace while enabling Roofstock’s customers to easily track and optimize the performance of their properties through Stessa.
Going forward, we have no doubt that Roofstock’s deep bench of real estate and technology experience will enhance Stessa’s ability to save real estate investors time and money. Together, the combined services will provide unparalleled peace of mind for the individual investor. Stay tuned for further announcements regarding discounted access to Roofstock services, exciting new Stessa product features, and essential resources for the upcoming tax season.
Finally, we want to express a sincere note of thanks to the countless investors who have spent time with us in person, over the phone, and in the community forums. Your insights, feedback, and suggestions have made Stessa what it is today. We’re counting on your continued partnership as we work to deliver seamless data integrations, smarter insights, and a better owner experience for all rental property investors.
Heath Silverman and Jonah Schwartz — Co-founders, Stessa
Q&A for Stessa Users
Will anything about my Stessa account change?
- Nothing will change. You will be able to log in as usual and add new properties as you wish. New users will be able to create accounts, and Stessa will continue to give the millions of real estate investors with single-family rentals, multifamily buildings, and short-term rentals a powerful new way to track, manage, and report on their investment properties.
What does this mean for the future of the Stessa platform?
- Stessa is here to stay. You will continue to have access to all your Stessa information including tenant, property and portfolio details, and tax-ready financials as you do today. We will continue to build out valuable tools for rental property investors, and this acquisition will only accelerate our investment in the product and offerings available to you.
What about my data?
- Stessa was designed from the ground up with security in mind, and we take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Data security and customer trust remain top priorities at Stessa. Your data remains secure with Stessa.
With more than 170,000 properties on the platform, real estate investors trust Stessa to access banking data, safeguard property information, and generate tax-ready financials. Roofstock shares these values wholeheartedly and has a demonstrated track record of handling sensitive financial information safely and securely, having facilitated well over two billion dollars in transactions since the launch of their marketplace in 2016.
Will Stessa and Roofstock Integrate?
- Stessa and Roofstock are very complementary, and we can’t wait to start offering shared functionality across both platforms. Specifically, Stessa is very excited to eventually offer investors:
- A tech-enabled marketplace to buy and sell investment properties with high quality customer service and transaction support
- Enhanced data and analytics to help investors understand potential investment returns from the most attractive properties and geographies
- Listing exposure to hundreds of thousands of users that visit Roofstock’s marketplace monthly to purchase tenant-occupied investment properties
- Cost-saving opportunities through strategic partnerships with third parties such as lenders and property managers
How do I get started with Roofstock?
- Learn more at roofstock.com